Friday, August 28, 2009

25 Random Facts About Me, Bettie

Friday, August 28, 2009
A friend of mine recently sent this to me, asking me to fill it in and send it back to her. Now, I usually have no interest in this stuff at all. But, I figured that as much as my blog is about my life, you really know nothing about me. Hopefully, you get a kick out of it and if we share any commonalities, please feel free to let me know!




1. I lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada for my international readers) for 23 years

2. I am an adopted child

3. My eyes are such an odd color of green people always ask me if I wear contacts

4. I have played bass guitar for almost 18 years.

5. I sculpt (when the mood stirkes, which it hasn't in years)

6. I can name almost any song you play for me within a few seconds from motown to metallica lol ..

7. I am a mother of two boys

8. I cannot stand having short finger nails

9. I have read every Ancient Egyptian history book on the planet (I think hehe)

10. I have kept in contact with a freind I have known now for over 20 years, gotta love faceboob!

11. I own two blogs: a personal blog as well as a humourous cooking blog

12. I am terrified of spiders, no matter how tiny

13. I like doing dishes ... I know, it's strange

14. I have an obsession with crime novels (non fiction)

15. I use to have a mohawk in the 80's hahahaha

16. I use to be a bartender

17. I can make my foot touch my head lol ... (no perverted comments please people!)

18. I couldn't stand in ice skates if my life depended on it

19. I have a wonderfully sarcastic sense of humour lol ..

20. I have one tattoo and 3 piercings

21. I'm suppose to wear glasses but don't cause I'm embarassed too

22. I can understand my mum & grandma when they speak to me in Gaelic even though I do not speak it.

23. I have kept every gift I have ever gotten from someone, no matter how small

24. I have been on stage several times and sung with a band that recorded a few albums (local band)

25. I have a collection of stones & crystals.

26. I can read Tarot Cards

27. I suffer from PTSD and have lost a large chunk of my short term memory (post it notes people, I cannot stress this enough).

28. I am a natural redhead.

29. I absolutely love to go fishing, preferably in a canoe.

30. I adore BB King with all that I am.

11 comments:

OneStonedCrow

"I can name almost any song you play for me within a few seconds from motown to metallica lol .."

... now that's impressive ...

I also like washing dishes (not drying them) and have a collection of rocks and crystals ...

and yeah, spiders are horrible ... snakes are cool though ...

greetings from Namibia

Bill Lisleman

to continue the comment exchange -
I'm doing fine, summer has been nice but less than others.

BB King is great. I really like the album he did with Eric Clapton, Riding with the King.

Bartender - must be some good posts from that.

Dishes - that's a useful trait

Donald Swarbrick

I hope you are proud of your red hair, if not you should be, and don't let anyone put you off.

Bettie

Hi there Donald, nice to see you (so to speak). I have always loved being a redhead, the only downside is getting too much sun and coming home looking like Pippi Longstocking :)

How have you been?

Lana Gramlich

Sounds like you & I are surprisingly similar. I, too;

1. Lived in Canada (although for 19 years.)
2. Am an adopted child (actually I'm a black market baby.)
3. Have eyes such an odd color I can't honestly tell what they are; blue, green or gray.
4. Have played guitar (although for significantly less time.)
5. Engage in creative expression (I paint fairly often after a 10 year break.)
6. Can name almost any song you play for me within a few seconds from motown to metallica
10. Have kept in contact with a friend I have known now for 36 years (without FB, even!)
16. Used to be a bartender (practically. "Mom" was a drunk, so by the time I was twelve I could make you a whiskey sour, a left handed screwdriver, etc.)
18. Can't stand on ice skates (anymore)
19. Have a wonderfully sarcastic sense of humour
21. Am supposed to wear glasses (but do)
24. Have been on stage several times and sung with a band that recorded a few albums (local band)
25. Have a collection of stones & crystals.
26. Can read Tarot Cards
27. Suffer from PTSD and have lost a large chunk of my memory.
Other things are similar in different ways, too.
Enjoyed my visit--best to you & yours. Take care!

Invincible

i was going thru ur blogs...everything is good..good layout especially..content is amazing..

My Owl Barn

Thanks for sharing. I like doing dishes too :D

Anonymous

Loved the random facts!! I'm adopted, too. And yeah, to fellow eighties punk rockers!!!!

Anonymous

Great list! I can name songs pretty fast too. I also am a natural red head! I am off to read the rest of your posts!

nothingprofound

You sound like a free spirit. I like that!

I love doing dishes, the warm water splashing on my hands.

Lana Gramlich

You know, I was devastated when I learned that I needed glasses (that was years ago now.) I got over it rather quickly, when I was blessed enough to actually SEE again. Give it a try--you might be surprised. Wearing glasses certainly makes you no less of a person!
My best to you & yours for 2010. :)

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates ► Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates;