Friday, April 10, 2009

Bettie’s a busy bee ..

Friday, April 10, 2009
It’s been about a week since I posted last … life has just been busy and hectic lately. I think I’ve attended more appointments in the past week than I have all year. When “they” say Spring brings new beginnings “they” aren’t kidding!

I started my spring cleaning earlier this week and it was an eye opener… who knew I was such a packrat! I easily tossed out 2-3 garbage bags of material crap. Old papers, articles, comics, pizza flyers lol .. you name it, I had it in my possession. Of course you’d never notice any of this stuff strewn about my house … It was all tightly packed away, this must have meant I was a packrat in denial? Oh the shame …

On a good note though, I did manage to donate another 2 bags worth of clothing to those in need as well as 3-4 medium bags of kids clothes, toys & stuffed animals… Maybe Karma will look graciously upon me for the next little while!

I have also found myself diving into some charity work as of late. I am doing my little part to help raise awareness for Muscular Dystrophy. Particularly, those affected by MTM/CNM. It is a cause I am personally affected by in a few ways and thought what better thing to do with some of my time!

I’ll be sure to post some info/links in case any of my readers are curious about these conditions and ways to help out. I am not looking for donations from you the reader .. just trying to help educate people about this condition as it is so rare…

1 comments:

Anonymous

Ok Bettie you can come help me..you seem like you have it all figured out lol...Ive been trying to spring clean all spring... I have 3 bags to go out for others and several in the trash... but this stuff seems to be growing like the spring WEEDS!....I look around and its still such a clutter lol...I know I took bags of stuff out...but what was it??? there isnt a place thats empty..something else has grown there in its place...Maybe use the tiller in here? Rofl

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates ► Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates;